“Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” — Rachel Zoe
Wedding day is special and it must be loaded with oodles of style and oomph… What say?
I aren’t a fashion blogger but events around lifestyle keep me busy. There is so much in life to learn, appreciate and share. Fashion world makes me curious and I love attending fashion shows. It is a treat to the eyes to see larger than life dresses, models doing the ramp-walk and creativity oozing through the works of designers.
When I got the below invite from Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai for the coverage of the event, it really got me excited. However, I couldn’t cling to this opportunity of being there personally. The good people from the marketing allowed my friends (guests) to make up for me. Thanks to them my two friends (Laxmi and Nancy) made to the guest list to capture the fun, excitement and the buzz around the wedding trend.
Designer Reshma & Riyaz Gangji showcased a Wedding show at Courtyard Marriott
Mr. Riyaz Gangji met my friends personally and he was absolutely warm and welcoming. The people at Marriott were extremely hospitable too.
#CourtyardWeddingShow at Marriot Mumbai
Here are the bites from the event
- It was a beautiful star studded Libas evening which had so much excitement to offer
- Rajeev Paul was the anchor and the make up partner for the event was Claude Biguine
- As they make a name in the market, it was all about traditional Indian attire for a perfect wedding
- The show started with a concept of Indian wedding and dream destination wedding dresses
- The designer duo have always come with unique designs in contrast to the usual fashion taste of the people
- The designs for summers consisted of flowing wedding gowns with floral prints
- French knots was seen setting the trends too
- There were variations in the form of cotton printed shirts with one button fitted jackets for the men
- There was lot of embroidery work too for then wedding couture
- The exclusivity could be seen in the Indian Salwar Kurtas with jackets for men as well as the 3 piece full suits
- Couple Model Shahwar Ali and wife Marcela Ayesha Ali were seen together after their marriage. They were color co-ordinated in champagne.
- The showstopper was Mahakshay Chakraborty and he was opulently dressed in a bottle green Maharaja dress which was beautifully designed art-work
- The event was attended by many biggies from television industry and other trades
- Among the veterans, Parikshet Sahni was seen around gracing the occasion
- The hashtag for the event was #CourtyardWeddingShow
Riyaz Gangji, the designer was absolutely excited about his new summer collection that was presented in the extravagant show. He talked about his dresses, designs, the cloth material, texture, layers, and styling and how Libas as a brand always kept the comfort, current trends, fashion sense of the buyers in mind while coming up with great designs.
My friends (Laxmi and Nancy) who live in Mumbai had a great time there. They mingled and jingled with fashionistas there. I am glad they carried the name of my blog Pendown with them too. They both are fashionable, upbeat about current trends and unmarried. I am sure the gorgeous dresses did prepare them for a dreamy and designer future wedding.
The cocktail toast speaks of their fun