This post is about my experience at IIFA Press release that happened in Delhi on 15th May 2015. It was an interesting afternoon where I had my brush with Bollywood. I was excited to see superstar Anil Kapoor in real. Seriously he looks too young for his age. Neha Dhupia looked smart in white and Ayushmann Khurana made for a rising star.
For me, Indian cinema is an integral part of my Indian-ness. I have grown up admiring Shashi Kapoor’s films and I totally love calling myself Shahrukh Khan’s die-hard ‘pankha’. Everyone has their favorite here but its not that you don’t like others. Its an amazing house of talent. ‘Bollywood’ as we lovingly know is a beautiful platform that houses wonderful actors, artists, directors, producers, etc. It is a place where you just can’t ignore anyone who thoroughly loves to be there.
Indian cinema is loved all across the world. In countries like Switzerland, Sweden and Bali I have heard people hum the tunes of ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ and ‘Ek ladki ko dekha toh’ on seeing me and my husband as an Indian couple. I know many Nigerians (my project people) who are absolutely crazy about Mr. Amitabh Bachchan. And we all know Aishwarya and Sonam are making everyone proud in Cannes. In fact Indian stars have a huge global fan following. Thus, here lets talk about another scintillating global event that is due for June and it is all set to storm Malaysia (KL).
16th IIFA WEEKND is slated to take place at Stadium Putra in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 5th-7th June 2015.
I love to fall in the paparazzi bandwagon.
IIFA- International Indian Film Academy
On 15th May 2015, I got a chance to attend the press release of IIFA Weekend 2015 at PVR’s Director Cut, Ambiance Mall, New Delhi. It was aimed at announcing the hosts for the most awaited sub-events and performances of this year’s gala show. Mr. Anil Kapoor, Neha Dhupia and Ayushmann Khurana came around as friends of IIFA to talk about this year’s Bollywood buzz and special performances. Each one talked about their personal relationship with IIFA and how it had grown in all these years. The sponsors and associates sounded absolutely upbeat about this weekend extravaganza which is about to mesmerize Malaysians. Unanimously, they all agreed that IIFA movement has been growing bigger and bigger and every time when they feel it can’t be more, it supersedes the expectations. This year again, Bollywood’s finest and the new would raise the bars.
Inside PVR Director’s Cut, Ambiance MALL, Vasant Kunj
Catch the exclusive and special at d2h IIFA this year!
- IIFA never repeats a location but this year its returning to Malaysia. Last time it was hosted in 2003 when IIFA was three years old.
- There will be a night exclusively dedicated to fashion and it will be hosted by friend of IIFA, Neha Dhupia
- IIFA Rocks will see incredible musical performances
- The star-studded film ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ will have its exclusive screening and media briefing in IIFA and not in Mumbai
- As always the finest Bollywood stars would grace the occasion for the three day events.
Must Know about IIFA
- IIFA Awards is India’s biggest media event.
- It is conceptualized and produced by Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. and supported by Indian film industry.
- From one night event in 2000, it has become a three days gala affair
- The event gets a viewership of 800 million people
- Videocon d2h has had a successful association of four years now
- The event will be telecast on India’s leading Hindi entertainment channel Colors
- Hero Cycles is coming together with IIFA to associate with this mega event as cause partners for their campaign ‘Cycling Heroes’ as they would take this opportunity to spread the message of taking up cycling for a healthy lifestyle
Mr. Tony Nagamaiah, GM of Malaysia Major Events was also at the press release and he sounded all excited that 16th IIFA Celebrations 2015 was coming to KL and it would be their biggest showcase for the year in conjunction with Malaysia Year of Festivals (MyFest) 2015.
He quoted that ‘Malaysian Government is super excited and is laying the red carpet to make this a spectacular event.’
I visited Kuala-Lumpur last year as a winner of MalaysiaJao blogging contest and people of Tourism Malaysia were very warm to me. I had absolutely loved the vivacious city of twin towers and would love going back. As part of IIFA media coverage, why not? Someone please call me!!!
And at the event I missed a click with the handsome Mr. Anil Kapoor (I have loved some of his movies and seriously this man refuses to grow old) but for now the below pic is enough to make my friends jealous.
With Ayushmaann Khurana
Did you read his book – Cracking The Code? I reviewed it too!
Go for IIFA, Malaysia is calling!!!