As promised, I am back with yet another post in the ‘Discover Thainess’ series.
Did you know that last year (2014) Thailand won eight Indian tourism awards- Best Wedding Destination, Best Spa Destination, Best Destination, Best International Tourism Board, Best Value Destination, etc? Read on to know more…
I traveled from New Delhi to Mumbai to attend ‘Discover Thainess launch’ in Mumbai on 25th February.
If you have been to Thailand, I bet the pictures in the blog-post will remind you of many nostalgic memories but if you are still planning to discover Thainess, let me arouse the urge in you. This wonderful treat of Thai culture which will convince you more to take the trip soon. However, I was lucky enough to experience it all in India itself. The trip to Thailand will happen soon. Amen!
The Ball room in Palladium hotel in Mumbai was decked up beautifully. No one could guess the occasion was a press conference. Honestly, the lavish theme event organized by Thailand Tourism board spoke of their commitment in growing a deep bond with Indian travelers. I must say that a marketing campaign should speak for itself and and this one absolutely hit the nail.
I bet everyone in the room must have experienced the thought of traveling to Thailand soon. The Amphawa floating market was my favorite.
The colors, the people and the setup was no less but a beautiful treat for curious eyes of a traveler and the lenses of any camera. From Thai way of life, Thai culture, Thai boxing, Thai massage, Thai cooking, Thai fruits to floating markets, masks, food, drinks, sweets everything was put up thematically at one place and it looked no less than a mini Thailand. You must see the pictures below to see how vibrant, colorful and exotic the room looked like.
The Discover Thainess 2015 campaign was launched in Mumbai on February 25 by the tourism and sports minister of Thailand Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul and I had the honor of attending the event. Thus, I must thank TAT-New Delhi for arranging my travel from Delhi to Mumbai and stay at Palladium for one night. However, due to an emergency calling in my house, I couldn’t avail the opportunity and had to return home early. And I must mention they were very supportive and co-operative about it all.
The tourism and sports minister of Thailand Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul gave an engaging talk to the people present in the hall. She emphasized it a number of times that Indians as travelers were very special for Thailand.
And below is the list of things that I learnt about the Thailand Campaign…
- Amazone Cartoon Network theme park coming up in Bang Saray will attract more families.
- Boxer Mary Kom and golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar are brand ambassadors of Discover Thainess campaign.
- Beyond Bangkok and Pattaya, there is definitely much more to Thai beauty. Places like Phuket, Chiang Mai, Samui, Chiang Rai, Krabi, Ayutthaya, Trang and Ko Chang have potential to impress travelers.
- Visa-on-arrival for Indians is definitely a plus for travelers.
- Thailand receives huge number of tourists from Asia and India is a great source market ranking 6th after Russia, Japan and Korea, China, Malaysia.
- Festivals to look forward are Muay Thai Festival in March, Songkran Festival in April, Shopping Parade in June, International Food Festival in September and Loi Krathong Festival in November.
- Apart from promoting it as a great wedding destination and sporting place, the minister lady also elaborated on the ’12 Hidden Gems’ of Thailand.
- The minister also said that Thailand was looking forward to promoting women solo travelers. Also the metro trains would soon have a female coach.
Hope you will enjoy the pictures of creative Thai art, beauty, food and its precious charms.
Tell me whats your favorite and for which experience are you tempted to visit Thailand first?
For more, you may visit- http://discoverthainess.tourismthailand.org