I had a fabulous trip to Katra in February this year. While the Mata darshan was impromptu and one of the best, our stay also turned out to be rejuvenating and memorable. If you are seeking a hotel recommendation in Katra, I would say Welcomhotel Katra is a fabulous choice to consider. The room, hospitality, spa and most importantly, the food was perfectly suited to our choice. Located in the heart of the city, Welcomhotel by ITC Hotels Katra has 83 well-appointed rooms overlooking the Trikuta Hills, lush green valleys, panoramic views and breathtakingly beautiful landscape. Most of the rooms, restaurant and the swimming pool have access to fabulous views throughout the day. Currently, it has also become a preferred choice for Sattvik wedding/weddings and MICE. Let us find out what makes it an ideal indoor and outdoor space for events, weddings and celebrations.
Sattvik Wedding : Celebrations, Cuisine and Honeymoon
Who wouldn’t love to get married in a place which has spiritual vibes, picturesque and scenic ambiance and culinary strengths of ITC Hotels? Couples, their family and friends often look for memorable experiences during weddings and wedding related events. How about curating an exclusive wedding experience high on local cuisine, followed by a thrilling itinerary for honeymoon? Welcomhotel Katra aims to do that with great élan and experience. While the location has everything to entice the couples, the services are impeccable. The special honeymoon package offers romantic settings in privacy of one’s room. And when it comes to local delicacies like Kalahari Cheese, Rajma, Ambal, Shingare ki Kadhi, Mewe ka Kofta and Tumba Ajwain Aloo etc., the guests will be on a roll, when treated with this rich, Sattvik cuisine. Katra is a divine city, surrounded with many not-so-popular places. With options for helicopter ride to Trikuta hills, rafting in Chenab river, gondola ride to Patnitop, adventure is in vogue here.
The best of local and Sattvik cusine!
The best of local and Sattvik food happens here. From my experience, I can vouch for the taste and flavours, despite no use of onion and garlic. Welcomhotel Katra has two restaurants, WelcomCafe and Dough and Co. The WelcomCafe serves the best of gourmet flavours in international and regional vegetarian cuisine – it’s one of a kind in its offerings and the finest in Katra. Dough & Co. offers a range of teas and coffees with short eats to go with them with some mesmerizing views of the valley and Trikuta Hills.
WelcomSthalika represents regional fare from Jammu region, and is prepared in Sattvik style bringing out the flavors predominant in Katra and adjoining areas. Some of these local preparations are Jammu Rajma, Ambal, Shingare ki Kadhi, Mewe ka kofta and Tumba ajwain aloo. The curated menu uses locally grown ingredients like Jammu Rajma, walnuts, almonds, badi masala, tumba ajwain, shahi zeera, saunf, sonth and more in traditional style.
An Itinerary that gives you the best of Katra and its surroundings
- Katra has one of the best rafting stretches in the region with its fifteen-kilometer-long stretch bordered by lush green surroundings in the white waters of Chenab that is 24 kilometers from the hotel. You must have heard of Chenab Water rafting festival.
- Many couples love to seek the blessings of Mata first. If you would like to see more. There is Shri Shiv Khori temple and cave as well, situated at a distance of 70 kilometers, on a hillock, in the lap of nature.
- Bhimgarh Fort is located 20 kilometers from the hotel.
- There are few hot springs at 5 kilometers from the hotel.
- Patnitop is just 85 kilometres by road from Katra. It is a beautiful route lined with beautiful pine trees and cedar trees.
- After exploring Patnitop, one can explore Nathatop which is hardly 10 kilometers from Patnitop. The road trip is a fun ride, surrounded by picturesque views.
- From Nathatop, one can drive a further 10 kilometers towards Sanasar Lake.
- One can explore more of hidden gems of Jammu.
- Further more, one can always plan a week at Srinagar and Gulmarg.
Jammu and Kashmir is a beautiful state to travel as well as plan your wedding, celebrations and honeymoon. The state is blessed with abundant beauty. It leaves your awestruck at many places. You will love it for all reasons.