Europe is a vast, diverse continent with an endless variety of things to see and do, from stunning Paris to smoke-filled coffeeshops in Amsterdam, Oktoberfest to La Tomatina. Whether you’re spending a few months travelling through Europe on a tight budget or just a few weeks there on a well-deserved holiday, you won’t have any trouble keeping busy.
The cheap European destinations from India include Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Turkey, Slovakia, and Croatia. The continent is home to amazing beaches, historical monuments, and numerous world-class festivals. This blog will provide a Europe travel guide and the tips you need to organize your trip effortlessly.
A Guide to Travelling to Europe
- Plan ahead: Start planning your trip before 8-10 months or a year. Europe is a busier tourist destination. Hence it is better to book tickets from Tours and Travel much ahead of the travel date to get your booking done at reasonable package prices, including itineraries.
- Best time to take a European trip: Consider planning an exciting European vacation during the off-season. The best for travelling to Europe is from May to September since they mix summer and wet weather. Travelling to Europe during
- the off-season is ideal because the most famous sights are open all year. Savings on airfare, hotel stays, and avoiding busy areas are all possible.
Also Read: Three of the best holiday resorts in Turkey
- Carry Vaccination certificate to Europe: Travellers need to carry an EU Digital COVID Certificate, including three different types of COVID-19 certificates: a vaccination certificate, a test certificate, and a certificate of recovery. Before two days of travel, the travellers must have a negative vaccination certificate to show while entering European countries.
- Document Checklist: One must acquire a Schengen visa to travel to European countries. Your passport should be valid for six months post the date of travel. The following items are required to apply for a Schengen visa: a completed visa application form, photos, a detailed itinerary, booking confirmation vouchers and enough cash. You must have travel insurance covering the entire Schengen region for a minimum of €30,000 to apply for a Schengen visa.
- Avoid weekends: Try to visit major cities or landmarks during the week instead of at weekends. Purchase tickets in advance for well-known attractions like the Colosseum or the Eiffel Tower.
- Euro currency in hand: It is advisable to carry European currency before visiting Europe. MasterCard, Diners, Visa, and American Express, are widely accepted throughout Europe. However, using an international travel card while on vacation is also recommended. It would enable you to have hassle-free transactions in Europe.
- Travel in groups: The best piece of advice before you travel is to accompany a group. Hence, booking from Tours and Travels will allow travelling easily in groups, instead of travelling alone abroad. If, in any case, your health is not fine, your travel group will come as support.
- Packing requirements: While travelling to Europe, bring a small backpack for day trips, summer clothing made of cotton, sunglasses, and an umbrella. But footwear is what defines Europe the most. Carry sneakers and walking shoes most of the time, walking and hiking are the greatest ways to experience the city.
- Go for budget-friendly accommodation: One of the essential travel tips for Europe that you should keep in mind is related to accommodation. Avoid booking accommodations near an airport or train station. Go for budget-friendly hotels, whether travelling alone or with families or friends. However, more affordable hotels like Ibis, easyHotels, and Travelodge are preferable.
- International mobile connection: Mobile connectivity across borders is another crucial piece of travel advice for Europe. It is usually preferable to travel after activating a global roaming plan as per the nations to visit before leaving India because SIM cards from India can be utilised in every European country.
Follow the above travel tips to help you plan a fantastic holiday in Europe while saving time and money on your vacation!