AirAsia is offering great fares through “World’s Best Online Travel Fair” for travelers visiting Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok!
Contest Theme: They are asking us – Which destination we prefer and why?
All day I explored extensively and I choose KL (as locals prefer to call it). It is enthralling, suits my choice of place and preference. Scaling tall heights and shopping is definitely my idea of fun. Here I get blogging to spill the reasons…. 🙂
Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia and I am fascinated by KL’s vivid cultures, diverse lifestyle, unique blend of food, shopping, pulsating nightlife, travel ease, metropolis temptation, futuristic sky scrapers, influx of new technology, heritage structures, multi-ethnic people and foreign influence. Kuala Lumpur lives up to the theme, ‘Truly Asia, Go Malaysia’. The ticket fares are just amazing at World’s best Online Travel fairDREAM COLLAGE
Best Reasons that say ‘Go’…
- Kuala Lumpur is rated in the prestigious alpha club with the likes of Mumbai, Seoul, Toronto, Moscow, Buenos Aires and Los Angeles.
- Yes the Sky Bar? The picturesque Petronas Towers standing tall at 452 meters rule the skyline as perfect iconic symbols. Skyscrapers and spectacular architecture attract me and always get my eye for details. The design is inspired by the Islamic geometric shape resembling an eight-pointed star. There’s another one too, Menara tower is 421 meters tall.
- For the Arts and religion…. Islamic Art Museum exhibits over 7000 artifacts, has an extensive library of Islamic texts and art. It houses world’s largest scale model of the Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, 12 galleries, great porcelain and elegant weaponry.
- Ancient caves, shrines and temples make it worthwhile too. 272 steps to Batu Caves lead one to the world’s tallest statue of Lord Murugan, a Hindu deity. Of the many caves and temples, the largest and best known is the Temple or Cathedral Cave. The Lord Murugan statue at Batu Caves is covered with 300 liters of gold paint. Six tiered Buddhist temple THEAN HOU TEMPLE, one of south east Asia’s largest.
- There is a Colonial Heart of the city as well. Merdeka Square, A clock Tower, originally a cricket field. The Sultan Abdul Samad Building of 1897 designed by Charles Edwin Spooner.
- Women love shopping and chilling out…. Bukit Bintang, It is shopping and entertainment district.
Traveler in ME can’t wait to….
- Take in a wholesome view of KL over the Skybridge, linking the Petronas towers on levels 41 and 42.
- Map in and enjoy the cultural events at MAP — an arts organization that runs a gallery and auditorium. It is an arts district that hosts comedy, theater and dances.
- Delve into some great shopping in the malls, cheesy shopping at China Town and Petaling Street and luxurious shopping at Suria KLCC Mall. I am told Central Market and Jl Petaling market in Chinatown are two of the city’s best.
- To dine at Atmosphere 360. It is a revolving restaurant at 1400 feet.
- Book lover in me waiting to explore KL’s largest bookstore, Kinokuniya.
- Chase peacocks and horn-bills, pose with owls and parakeets, watch ostriches at Kuala lumpur Bird Park.
- National History Museum, to get acquainted with Malaysia’s history and culture.
- Explore Little India and get a feel on foot.
- No trip to KL can be complete without gorging on the random goods and food stalls and I can’t miss to Sip the Laksa Soup, drool on Lebanese kebab and bite into some banana dining.
This is my post for the Dream Asian Destination Blogger Contest by AirAsia in association with Ripple Links.
Happy Blogging!!! for World’s best Online Travel fair
Pictures Courtesy: Google Images
13 thoughts on “Touchdown at Dream Asian Destination”
Dear manjulika I feel happy reading ur blogs keep it up dear.
Thanx Mam.. 🙂
Heard so much bout beautiful KL..Malaysia truly Asia and dying to go some day. Enjoy, Manjulika:)
I have been to malaysia and loved the experience though we didnt cover every thing
I Wish that u go thr soon
Lovely lists …I like to see Lord Murugan temple in KL 🙂
My entry Bangkok
Lovely post full of little details. All the best for the contest 🙂
P.S. I am hosting a giveaway with some amazing prizes on my blog http://munniofalltrades.blogspot.in/2013/11/a-fantabulously-fantastic-giveaway.html. Hope you participate!
Hello, you were supposed to be onb a holiday !
interesting n informative post.. congrats on your win 🙂
Hey Congrats….enjoyed reading it….u have all got used to winning now:) when r u giving those blog tips…I really have to take some tips and improve my blog spot
Thanks mam… u already write so well… 🙂